The Rapid Rise of Digital Music
In 2013, global digital music revenues reached $5.9 billion, up from just $400 million in 2004. The lion's share of digital music revenue is still generated by paid downloads, although streaming services (subscription-based and ad-supported) quickly catch up. In 2013, global download revenues declined by 2.1 percent, while subscription-based and ad-supported streaming revenues grew 51.3 and 17.6 percent, respectively.
- Global digital music industry revenue 2015-2020Global digital music industry revenue 2015-2020
- Digital music industry revenue in Sweden 2006-2015Digital music industry revenue in Sweden 2006-2015
- Digital music industry revenue in the Netherlands 2012-2020Digital music industry revenue in the Netherlands 2012-2020
- Album unit sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2016Album unit sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2016
- Album unit sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2016, by formatAlbum unit sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2016, by format
- Music industry revenue in the Netherlands 2012-2020Music industry revenue in the Netherlands 2012-2020
- Music industry revenue in Denmark from 2011-2020Music industry revenue in Denmark from 2011-2020
- Digital Market Outlook: digital music revenue in European countries 2016Digital Market Outlook: digital music revenue in European countries 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl