Music Subscriptions and Streaming Are Taking Off
Older ways of buying music, namely physical copies and downloads, are still dominating the global industry’s revenue. However, even though revenue from physical purchases and downloads remain strong, their popularity has started declining.
Ad-supported streams and subscriptions have started gaining considerable traction with the latter proving immensely successful. Indeed, subscription plans have seen global revenue rise an impressive 51.3 percent in 2013, reaching $1.1 billion.
- Music streaming revenue worldwide 2010-2015, by typeMusic streaming revenue worldwide 2010-2015, by type
- Music streaming revenue worldwide 2015-2020Music streaming revenue worldwide 2015-2020
- Revenue from music streaming in Germany 2008-2015Revenue from music streaming in Germany 2008-2015
- Global digital music revenue 2005-2015Global digital music revenue 2005-2015
- Digital share of global media revenue 2015, by mediumDigital share of global media revenue 2015, by medium
- Global revenue of the music industry 2002-2015Global revenue of the music industry 2002-2015
- Revenues from music sales in Germany 1998-2015Revenues from music sales in Germany 1998-2015
- Global music revenue 2015-2020, by sourceGlobal music revenue 2015-2020, by source
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl