Music Subscriptions and Streaming Are Taking Off
Older ways of buying music, namely physical copies and downloads, are still dominating the global industry’s revenue. However, even though revenue from physical purchases and downloads remain strong, their popularity has started declining.
Ad-supported streams and subscriptions have started gaining considerable traction with the latter proving immensely successful. Indeed, subscription plans have seen global revenue rise an impressive 51.3 percent in 2013, reaching $1.1 billion.
- Music streaming revenue worldwide 2010-2015, by typeMusic streaming revenue worldwide 2010-2015, by type
- Subscription music streaming: retail value of sales in the United Kingdom 2009-2015Subscription music streaming: retail value of sales in the United Kingdom 2009-2015
- Revenue from music streaming in Germany 2008-2015Revenue from music streaming in Germany 2008-2015
- Streaming music subscribers worldwide 2010-2020Streaming music subscribers worldwide 2010-2020
- Album unit sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2016, by formatAlbum unit sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2016, by format
- Music industry revenue in the Netherlands 2012-2020Music industry revenue in the Netherlands 2012-2020
- Music single unit sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2015, by formatMusic single unit sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2015, by format
- Global digital music revenue 2005-2015Global digital music revenue 2005-2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl