Does Twitter Have a Stickiness Problem?
According to data published by Twitter analytics firm Twopcharts, Twitter may have a stickiness problem. According to the data there is a large discrepancy between the number of accounts created and the number of accounts that actually remain active. Of the 284 million accounts created in 2013, only 37 million (12.9%) were still actively tweeting in February 2014. On the other hand, of the 4 million accounts created in 2008, 1 million were still tweeting in February 2013, indicating that early Twitter adopters are more likely to stick with the service.
In case you are wondering how 284 million accounts can have been created last year when Twitter only has 241 monthly active users: According to Twopcharts, there are around 980 million Twitter accounts, of which only a small fraction is actually active.
- Twitter users in Sweden 2016, by age groupTwitter users in Sweden 2016, by age group
- Share of Twitter users in Finland 2015, by age group and genderShare of Twitter users in Finland 2015, by age group and gender
- Share of Twitter users in Finland in 2015, by age groupShare of Twitter users in Finland in 2015, by age group
- Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016
- Media usage in an online minute 2016Media usage in an online minute 2016
- Top social media sites in the Nordics 2016Top social media sites in the Nordics 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl