2014's 10 Biggest VC Deals Were Worth Nearly $50 Billion
In 2014, venture capital funding in the United States hit its highest mark since 2001. Even though deal growth was a modest 8 percent higher than in 2013, investment skyrocketed 62 percent. $47.3 billion was invested in 3,617 deals with the tech sector accounting for three out of every four of them.
Unsurprisingly, Facebook's acquisition of WhatsApp was the largest venture-backed exit last year, valued at a whopping $22 billion. Lending Club's December IPO came second, valued at $5.4 billion while Zayo Group Holdings came in third with a $4.4 billion exit. The top 10 venture capital backed exits in 2014 brought in nearly $50 billion.
- Medtech venture capital investment - U.S. and Europe 2006-2016Medtech venture capital investment - U.S. and Europe 2006-2016
- Global venture capital investment 2011 - 2014, by regionGlobal venture capital investment 2011 - 2014, by region
- Global venture capital investment 2008-2014Global venture capital investment 2008-2014
- Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2017Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2017
- Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017
- Leading online social platforms based on reach in the Netherlands 2016Leading online social platforms based on reach in the Netherlands 2016
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017
- Social media penetration in the Netherlands 2017, by social networkSocial media penetration in the Netherlands 2017, by social network
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl