PC Market Plunge Is Picking Up Pace
After a brief respite throughout last year, the global PC market returned to its pre-2014 slump in the first half of 2015. According to Gartner's latest estimates, worldwide PC shipments amounted to 68.4 million in the past three months - down 9.5 percent from last year's June quarter.
The struggling PC industry had received a boost when Microsoft ended official Windows XP support in April 2014, prompting a replacement cycle that has now apparently faded. Despite the sobering results, analysts remain cautiously optimistic about the industry's mid-term outlook. They argue that the recent decline is no sign of structural weakness but partly a consequence of last year's unusually positive results and partly an effect of inventory control ahead of the Windows 10 launch scheduled for later this year.
- Globa PC sales via PC stores, by vendor 2010 Globa PC sales via PC stores, by vendor 2010
- Globa PC sales via direct retail in 2010, by vendorGloba PC sales via direct retail in 2010, by vendor
- Global PC sales via local dealers in 2010, by vendorGlobal PC sales via local dealers in 2010, by vendor
- Global market share held by PC vendors in 2016Global market share held by PC vendors in 2016
- Number of PC unit shipments worldwide by vendor 2016Number of PC unit shipments worldwide by vendor 2016
- Vendors' quarterly market share of PC unit shipments worldwide 2011-2016Vendors' quarterly market share of PC unit shipments worldwide 2011-2016
- Global PC unit shipments 2006-2016Global PC unit shipments 2006-2016
- Global installed base of personal computers 2013-2019Global installed base of personal computers 2013-2019
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl