Turkey Dominates Global Twitter Censorship
In the first half of 2015, there were 1,003 requests from courts and government agencies to remove content from Twitter. Out of this, 72 percent came from the Turkish authorities. Twitter removal requests leads to tweets no longer being displayed in individual countries rather than being deleted altogether. In the United States, there only 25 requests in the first six months of the year. The number of content removal requests is soaring. In the second half of 2014, 13 percent of these requests were successful; between January and June, it was higher - 42 percent of requests were granted.
- Twitter: total number of data removal requests as of H2 2016Twitter: total number of data removal requests as of H2 2016
- Twitter: data removal requests from countries and institutions H2 2016Twitter: data removal requests from countries and institutions H2 2016
- Monthly copyright takedown notices submitted to Twitter 2013-2016Monthly copyright takedown notices submitted to Twitter 2013-2016
- Digital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by companyDigital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by company
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017
- Leading online social platforms based on reach in the Netherlands 2016Leading online social platforms based on reach in the Netherlands 2016
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017
- Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl