Victims Of Terrorist Attacks In Western Europe
After the attacks in Paris terrorism seems possible anytime and anyplace around the globe. In this intense and acute atmosphere, Statista has created two charts for Huffington Post that attempt to broaden the perspective: one infographic looks back at the last decades in Western Europe, the other one shows the death toll of terrorism in countries outside Western Europe. These numbers do not give clear answers; they rather lead to new questions: Why does it look like the level of fear in Western Europe is so much higher today than in the 1970s and 1980s? And how should European governments act with so many more people being killed by terrorism outside Europe than within?
- Western Europe: B2C e-commerce sales 2013-2018Western Europe: B2C e-commerce sales 2013-2018
- Western Europe: percentage of global B2C e-commerce sales 2013-2018Western Europe: percentage of global B2C e-commerce sales 2013-2018
- Western Europe: mobile data traffic 2016-2021Western Europe: mobile data traffic 2016-2021
- Italy: most striking news of the week 25 March-3 April, 2017Italy: most striking news of the week 25 March-3 April, 2017
- Most costly disasters to the insurance industry worldwide 1970-2016Most costly disasters to the insurance industry worldwide 1970-2016
- Value of the leading global apparel brands 2017Value of the leading global apparel brands 2017
- Global smartphone sales to end users 2007-2016Global smartphone sales to end users 2007-2016
- Breakdown of the cosmetic market worldwide 2011-2016, by geographic zoneBreakdown of the cosmetic market worldwide 2011-2016, by geographic zone
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl