The Most (and Least) Worthwhile Degrees
For a great many young people, the decision of whether to extend their education and attend university is a tough one to make. As our infographic below shows, not all that choose to do a bachelor's degree graduate with the feeling that it was all worthwhile. Emolument surveyed 1,800 UK graduates to reveal that the most regretted major is psychology. Only 33 percent of bachelors of this particular science said their degree was worth it. On the other end of the scale, 87 percent of chemistry and natural sciences alumni said they felt their studies were worth it.
- Canada: bachelor's degree graduates who pursued further education 2000-2010Canada: bachelor's degree graduates who pursued further education 2000-2010
- U.S. bachelor's degree holders' debt levels in public four-year colleges 1999-2015U.S. bachelor's degree holders' debt levels in public four-year colleges 1999-2015
- U.S. bachelor's degree holders' debt levels, private four-year colleges 1999-2015U.S. bachelor's degree holders' debt levels, private four-year colleges 1999-2015
- Monthly Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers in the U.S. March 2017Monthly Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers in the U.S. March 2017
- U.S. personal income 1990-2016U.S. personal income 1990-2016
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017Most popular Apple App Store categories 2017
- China: Consumer Price Index (CPI) in China by sector and area February 2017China: Consumer Price Index (CPI) in China by sector and area February 2017
- Total enrollment of leading U.S. medical schools in research 2017Total enrollment of leading U.S. medical schools in research 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl