Revenue split of leading digital content store worldwide in 2018

Revenue split of leading digital content stores worldwide as of December 2018

Revenue split of leading digital content store worldwide in 2018 This statistic presents the revenue split of leading digital content stores worldwide as of December 2018. According to the findings, on both Apple's and Google's standard app store, the revenue distribution between them and the mobile app developers was set at 70:30; with 70 percent of revenue being distributed to Apple and the remaining 30 percent to developers.
Show more

Revenue split of leading digital content stores worldwide as of December 2018

Loading statistic...
Operators and PublishersDevelopers
App store (standard)*70%30%
App store (subscriptions)*85%15%
Microsoft Store (non-game)85%15%
Unreal Engine Marketplace88%12%
Epic Games Store (EGS)88%12%
Discord90%10%
Blockchain game stores (average)91%9%
Microsoft Store (consumer applications, not including games)95%5%
Operators and PublishersDevelopers
App store (standard)*70%30%
App store (subscriptions)*85%15%
Microsoft Store (non-game)85%15%
Unreal Engine Marketplace88%12%
Epic Games Store (EGS)88%12%
Discord90%10%
Blockchain game stores (average)91%9%
Microsoft Store (consumer applications, not including games)95%5%
Download Settings Share
Download started
Please be patient - this may take a moment
This statistic presents the revenue split of leading digital content stores worldwide as of December 2018. According to the findings, on both Apple's and Google's standard app store, the revenue distribution between them and the mobile app developers was set at 70:30; with 70 percent of revenue being distributed to Apple and the remaining 30 percent to developers.
Show more
Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $588 / Year
Basic Account
Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.

Premium Account
Your perfect start with Statista
  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references

$49 / Month *

Corporate Account
Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

* All products require an annual contract.
   Prices do not include sales tax.
Leading companies trust Statista:
paypalgoogleadobepgsamsungtelekom
Related Studies: Available to Download in PDF or PPTX Format
App stores
App stores

All Information
in one Presentation

App stores

Everything On "App stores" in One Document: Edited and Divided into Handy Chapters. Including Detailed References.

I think of Statista as Google for researchers. Statista provides you with the information you search for right away.
Dr. Horst Stipp

Dr. Horst Stipp
EVP, Research & Innovation, Advertising Research Foundation

Statistics on "App stores"
  • Overview
  • Apple App Store
  • Google Play
  • Amazon Appstore
Discover Statista
Need help with using Statista for your research? Tutorials and first steps
Further Content: Statistics, Studies, and Topic Pages
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.
Do you have any questions about our business solutions?

We provide you with detailed information about our Corporate Account.