Direct Visitors Are the Gold Standard for News Websites
According to new data published by the Pew Research Center, direct visitors to news websites are much more engaged than those coming from search engines or social networks. While the latter two may be indispensable for news websites to be discovered in the first place, those (returning) readers that have a site bookmarked or consciously type in its address are the ones who are truly valuable to online publishers.
- Market share of online search engines in Germany H1 2013-H2 2014Market share of online search engines in Germany H1 2013-H2 2014
- Market share held by the leading search engines in Sweden 2016Market share held by the leading search engines in Sweden 2016
- Market share held by the leading search engines in Norway 2016Market share held by the leading search engines in Norway 2016
- Digital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by companyDigital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by company
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl