Direct Visitors Are the Gold Standard for News Websites
According to new data published by the Pew Research Center, direct visitors to news websites are much more engaged than those coming from search engines or social networks. While the latter two may be indispensable for news websites to be discovered in the first place, those (returning) readers that have a site bookmarked or consciously type in its address are the ones who are truly valuable to online publishers.
- Market share of online search engines in Germany H1 2013-H2 2014Market share of online search engines in Germany H1 2013-H2 2014
- U.S. search engines ranked by number of core searches 2008-2016U.S. search engines ranked by number of core searches 2008-2016
- Search engines: Market distribution monthly in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014-2016Search engines: Market distribution monthly in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014-2016
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- Potential reach of ad campaigns during Gay Pride Parade in the Netherlands 2016Potential reach of ad campaigns during Gay Pride Parade in the Netherlands 2016
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016
- Global number of internet users 2005-2016Global number of internet users 2005-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens