Domestic Vendors Stand Strong in China's Smartphone Market
The Chinese smartphone market continues to play by its own rules according to data released by the Hong Kong based research firm Counterpoint. While most other smartphone markets are dominated by Samsung and Apple, the Chinese market, while also led by Samsung, is pretty evenly distributed between Samsung, Apple and a handful of domestic vendors. Chinese manufacturers such as Lenovo, Xiaomi and Coolpad are quickly gaining market share with handsets sold at prices that the international competition, Apple in particular, finds hard if not impossible to match.
- Share of the Chinese smartphone market 2014-2015, by vendorShare of the Chinese smartphone market 2014-2015, by vendor
- Smartphone market share in China 2012, by operating systemSmartphone market share in China 2012, by operating system
- Apple’s share in the Chinese smartphone market 2015Apple’s share in the Chinese smartphone market 2015
- Iron ore prices monthly 2016-2017Iron ore prices monthly 2016-2017
- China: weekly box office revenue - March 13 to March 19, 2017China: weekly box office revenue - March 13 to March 19, 2017
- Container shipping companies worldwide - number of ships 2017Container shipping companies worldwide - number of ships 2017
- Passenger car sales in China 2008-2017*, by modelPassenger car sales in China 2008-2017*, by model
- Commercial vehicle sales in China 2008-2017, by modelCommercial vehicle sales in China 2008-2017, by model
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl