Xiaomi Takes the Lead in China's Smartphone Market
According to data released by IDC earlier this week, the Chinese smartphone market finished 2014 on a positive note. Smartphone shipments reached 107.5 million units between October and December, as the negative effects of a decrease in operator subsidies were offset by an increase in direct sales and the launch of Apple’s new iPhones.
Apple was among the big winners of the 2014 holiday quarter, as the company managed to sell twice as many phones in China as in the fourth quarter of 2013. Apple grew its market share from 7.4% to 12.3%, passing Huawei, Lenovo and Samsung in terms of unit shipments.
Xiaomi managed to claim the top position both in the fourth quarter and in all of 2014, as the company’s focus on selling competitive hardware at low prices continued to pay off. Xiaomi’s rise came largely at the expense of Samsung, which lost a significant chunk of the market as competition in the low-end heated up.
- Mobile OS: smartphone market share in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015Mobile OS: smartphone market share in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015
- Smartphone market share in China 2012, by operating systemSmartphone market share in China 2012, by operating system
- Share of the Chinese smartphone market 2014-2015, by vendorShare of the Chinese smartphone market 2014-2015, by vendor
- United States - monthly inflation rate in December 2016United States - monthly inflation rate in December 2016
- Number of executions in the United States 2014-2017Number of executions in the United States 2014-2017
- Forecast spending global telecom services 2014-2020Forecast spending global telecom services 2014-2020
- China: weekly box office revenue - January 30 to February 5, 2017China: weekly box office revenue - January 30 to February 5, 2017
- Value of gold reserves 2016, by countryValue of gold reserves 2016, by country
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl