Mobile App Usage
Mobile apps have really come of age and people are expected to download an astonishing 179 billion of them this year. Their meteoric rise is set to continue for the forseeable future as well with downloads forecast to top 270 billion by 2017. Games are the most popular app category, accounting for 20 percent of Apple App Store downloads. When it comes to sheer reach, Facebook is the winner. In September 2013, the Facebook app was accessed by 74.1 percent of the US mobile audience. In Q2 2012, 102 million users accessed Facebook exclusively through their mobile devices, a number that increased to a whopping 399 million by 2014.
- Global mobile applications user base forecast 2010-2015Global mobile applications user base forecast 2010-2015
- Worldwide daily app launch frequency 2014Worldwide daily app launch frequency 2014
- Mobile app usage level in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015, by typeMobile app usage level in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015, by type
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016
- Google: global annual revenue 2002-2015Google: global annual revenue 2002-2015
- Revenue from mobile apps in Germany 2009-2015Revenue from mobile apps in Germany 2009-2015
- Number of mobile app users in the United Kingdom (UK) Q3 2013-Q2 2016Number of mobile app users in the United Kingdom (UK) Q3 2013-Q2 2016
- Mobile app users in the United Kingdom (UK) Q3 2013-Q2 2016, by ageMobile app users in the United Kingdom (UK) Q3 2013-Q2 2016, by age
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens