How Much Online Shoppers Around the World Are Spending
Over the past few years, online shopping has become increasingly popular around the world. In markets such as the United Kingdom, Japan and Germany, e-commerce penetration has already climbed past 70% of the adult population, and emerging markets such as Brazil and China are seeing rapid growth in online shopping adoption.
But how much are people around the world actually spending online? According to Statista's Digital Market Outlook, the United States is not only leading in terms of total e-commerce revenue, but also among the countries with the highest revenue per online shopper. On average, Americans are expected to spend $1,804 online this year, almost double of what Japanese shoppers are spending online.
- E-commerce sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2014E-commerce sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2008-2014
- B2C e-commerce sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012-2017B2C e-commerce sales in the United Kingdom (UK) 2012-2017
- E-commerce sales of retailers in the United KingdomE-commerce sales of retailers in the United Kingdom
- United States: retail e-commerce sales 2013-2021United States: retail e-commerce sales 2013-2021
- E-commerce turnover in Sweden 2012-2016E-commerce turnover in Sweden 2012-2016
- E-commerce turnover in Norway 2012-2016E-commerce turnover in Norway 2012-2016
- Value of consumers' e-commerce in the Nordics 2016Value of consumers' e-commerce in the Nordics 2016
- U.S. mobile retail commerce revenue 2013-2020U.S. mobile retail commerce revenue 2013-2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl