Android Is The Most Vulnerable Operating System
Android dominates the smartphone market but that dominance comes at a cost. According to CVE details, Android had the most vulnerabilities of any operating system in 2016. In this case, vulnerabilities are defined as a mistake in the software that can be directly used by a hacker to gain access to a system or network. Android had 523 such vulnerabilities in 2016, far ahead of 161 for iOS. 2015 was a completely different story. Back then, Android had only 125 vulnerabilities while iOS had 387.
- Android OS: Data usage per month in the U.S. 2010-2011Android OS: Data usage per month in the U.S. 2010-2011
- Mobile device users share on Android OS 2015, by form factorMobile device users share on Android OS 2015, by form factor
- Online purchasing on Android OS in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015, by deviceOnline purchasing on Android OS in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015, by device
- Number of cyber crime offenses in the Netherlands 2012-2016Number of cyber crime offenses in the Netherlands 2012-2016
- Global smartphone sales by OS 2009-2016Global smartphone sales by OS 2009-2016
- Share of smartphone operating systems sales in Great Britain 2014-2016Share of smartphone operating systems sales in Great Britain 2014-2016
- Mobile operating systems: market share in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2016Mobile operating systems: market share in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2016
- Global market share smartphone operating systems of unit shipments 2014-2021Global market share smartphone operating systems of unit shipments 2014-2021
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl