Feeling Tracked & Taking Counter-Measures Against Ads
The internet is a godsent for marketers and the online advertising industry. The data trail provided by possible consumers makes targeting specific audiences easy. This way personalized advertising can help the industry maximize the return on ad spend.
However, the consumer doesn't always feel comfortable with being followed around the web. According to the "Statista Survey Advertising & Privacy 2017", 86 percent of respondents often or occasionally realize that their online behavior is being tracked and used for ads.
While 37 percent do not take any counter-measures, the remaining 63 percent take action, such as using an incognito window in their browser, to shake off the digital tail. Albeit, only 14 percent always do this.
The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available
under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used
and displayed without charge by all commercial and
non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with
proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics,
please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses
on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated
daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media,
internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics
industries; and "Economy and Society", which
current data from the United States and around the
world relating to economic and political issues as well as
sports and entertainment.
For individual content and infographics in your Corporate Design,
please visit our agency website
Any more questions?
Get in touch with us quickly and easily. We are happy to help!