Freemium is the No.1 Pricing Strategy in Most App Categories
For any app developer trying to earn money with its own apps, the pricing strategy is one of the key decisions to make. According to data published by Distimo, the best bet for developers is a freemium model. In seven of the Apple App Store's 10 largest categories, the majority of revenue comes from in-app purchases in free apps.
- Number of available apps in the Apple App Store 2008-2016Number of available apps in the Apple App Store 2008-2016
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016
- Apple App Store: number of downloads as of June 2016Apple App Store: number of downloads as of June 2016
- Number of Pokémon GO daily users in the U.S. 2016Number of Pokémon GO daily users in the U.S. 2016
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016
- Pokémon GO players in the U.S. 2016, by genderPokémon GO players in the U.S. 2016, by gender
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens