Price Remains a Key Factor When Deciding on a New Phone
This chart shows the most important factors in the purchasing process of a new mobile phone. According to a global Nielsen survey men seem to focus on technical factors such as processing speed or battery life, while women care more about factors such as price or contract terms.
- Sales figures of generic mobile phones and smartphones in China until 2015Sales figures of generic mobile phones and smartphones in China until 2015
- U.S. shopping holidays: best deals for mobile phones 2016U.S. shopping holidays: best deals for mobile phones 2016
- Percentage of smartphones among mobile phones sales in France between 2012-2016Percentage of smartphones among mobile phones sales in France between 2012-2016
- Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2017Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2017
- Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2012-2016Global market share held by smartphone vendors 2012-2016
- Share of smartphone shipments worldwide 2015-2016, by vendorShare of smartphone shipments worldwide 2015-2016, by vendor
- Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017
- China: production of cell phones by month December 2016China: production of cell phones by month December 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl