Price Remains a Key Factor When Deciding on a New Phone
This chart shows the most important factors in the purchasing process of a new mobile phone. According to a global Nielsen survey men seem to focus on technical factors such as processing speed or battery life, while women care more about factors such as price or contract terms.
- Sales figures of generic mobile phones and smartphones in China until 2015Sales figures of generic mobile phones and smartphones in China until 2015
- Percentage of smartphones among mobile phones sales in France between 2011-2015*Percentage of smartphones among mobile phones sales in France between 2011-2015*
- Sales volume share of smartphones and mobile phones in Germany 2009 and 2015Sales volume share of smartphones and mobile phones in Germany 2009 and 2015
- Smartphone sales revenue worldwide 2013-2016Smartphone sales revenue worldwide 2013-2016
- Global smartphone sales value by region 2013-2016Global smartphone sales value by region 2013-2016
- China: mobile phone subscribers by month June 2016China: mobile phone subscribers by month June 2016
- China: production of cell phones by month June2016China: production of cell phones by month June2016
- Global number of internet users 2005-2016Global number of internet users 2005-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens