These Companies Rule The Mobile Web
Google, Facebook and Yahoo are the big winners of the mobile revolution. According to recent comScore data,
more than 8 in 10 American smartphone owners used an app/mobile website of those three companies in January. While this almost universal reach is hardly a surprise in Google's case (a lot of the company's apps come pre-installed with Android smartphones) it is noteworthy how large Facebook's mobile reach has become, given that the company had long struggled to build a compelling mobile product.
In the end it appears as if the same companies that dominated the internet for years smartly used their size and scale to reach dominance in the mobile space as well.
- Mobile app usage level in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015, by typeMobile app usage level in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015, by type
- Canada mobile banking app usage 2015Canada mobile banking app usage 2015
- Monthly mobile app usage frequency 2016, by categoryMonthly mobile app usage frequency 2016, by category
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016
- Google: global annual revenue 2002-2015Google: global annual revenue 2002-2015
- Share of mobile internet users in Germany 2014, by household incomeShare of mobile internet users in Germany 2014, by household income
- Most visited websites in the Netherlands October 2016, by monthly reachMost visited websites in the Netherlands October 2016, by monthly reach
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl