Tablets: The Hype is Over
On Tuesday, Apple is likely to unveil its latest iPad. However, it remains to be seen if a new generation of the iPad can boost flagging sales. In fact, the tablet hype seems to be over already with both IDC and Gartner revising their sales forecasts for this year, predicting a downward trend. According to media reports, the primary reason for this is the fact that people are not changing/upgrading their tablets so often. Additionally many people see little use for tablets in their everyday lives. The new rising star in the world of mobile devices seems to be the phablet. According to IDC, phablet sales are set to increase in 2014 by over 200 percent compared with 2013.
- Online shopping frequency via mobile devices in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015Online shopping frequency via mobile devices in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015
- Global NFC-enabled mobile devices 2012-2018 Global NFC-enabled mobile devices 2012-2018
- Average purchase price via mobile devices in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015Average purchase price via mobile devices in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015
- Worldwide weekend box office revenue - July 15 to 17, 2016Worldwide weekend box office revenue - July 15 to 17, 2016
- China: Consumer Price Index (CPI) in China by sector and area June 2016China: Consumer Price Index (CPI) in China by sector and area June 2016
- Global IT spending forecast 2005-2020Global IT spending forecast 2005-2020
- Projected total Medicaid enrollment 2017-2024Projected total Medicaid enrollment 2017-2024
- Projected total Medicaid expenditure 2017-2024Projected total Medicaid expenditure 2017-2024
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens