Tablets: The Hype is Over
On Tuesday, Apple is likely to unveil its latest iPad. However, it remains to be seen if a new generation of the iPad can boost flagging sales. In fact, the tablet hype seems to be over already with both IDC and Gartner revising their sales forecasts for this year, predicting a downward trend. According to media reports, the primary reason for this is the fact that people are not changing/upgrading their tablets so often. Additionally many people see little use for tablets in their everyday lives. The new rising star in the world of mobile devices seems to be the phablet. According to IDC, phablet sales are set to increase in 2014 by over 200 percent compared with 2013.
- Global NFC-enabled mobile devices 2012-2018 Global NFC-enabled mobile devices 2012-2018
- Online shopping frequency via mobile devices in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015Online shopping frequency via mobile devices in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015
- Average purchase price via mobile devices in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015Average purchase price via mobile devices in the United Kingdom (UK) 2015
- Worldwide weekend box office revenue - March 2017Worldwide weekend box office revenue - March 2017
- Monthly Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers in the U.S. February 2017Monthly Consumer Price Index of all urban consumers in the U.S. February 2017
- China: production of cell phones by month February 2017China: production of cell phones by month February 2017
- Digital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by companyDigital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by company
- Monthly inflation rate in China February 2017Monthly inflation rate in China February 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl