Samsung Leads The Smartwatch Market
Apple is due to launch its highly anticipated smartwatch today, marking the company's first attempt at entering a new technology category since Steve Jobs's death. In 2014, 89 companies sold 6.8 million smartwatches across the world and the average price per watch worked out at $189.
Who are the main players in the smartwatch market? Like the smartphone market, Samsung is going to be Apple's main competitor. The South Korean technology behemoth sold approximately 1.2 million units in 2014, ahead of second placed Pebble with 700,000. The top three was rounded off by Fitbit who sold 600,000 smartwatches.
- Companies' market share global smartwatch market 2014Companies' market share global smartwatch market 2014
- Smartwatch unit sales worldwide 2014-2018Smartwatch unit sales worldwide 2014-2018
- UK: peoples' expected feelings when using a smartwatch to browse or use apps in 2015UK: peoples' expected feelings when using a smartwatch to browse or use apps in 2015
- Most funded Kickstarter projects 2017Most funded Kickstarter projects 2017
- Sales of wearables by category worldwide 2015-2021Sales of wearables by category worldwide 2015-2021
- Global AMOLED display shipments 2014-2016Global AMOLED display shipments 2014-2016
- Wearable device revenue worldwide 2015-2021Wearable device revenue worldwide 2015-2021
- Wearable device shipments worldwide 2015-2021Wearable device shipments worldwide 2015-2021
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl