Google, Googler, Googlest
Google dominates the world of search. No surprises there, of course. But as our infographic below shows, the scale of its dominance varies according to device. On desktop, Google enjoys a global market share of 80.5 percent. Moving on to mobile this jumps to 95.9 percent but you really hit 'peak Google' when looking at consoles. Here, the world's search engine of choice has no distance left to run, utterly dominating Playstation et al. with an ironclad 99.4 percent market share.
The data in this chart was provided by Net Market Share.
- Google's market share monthly in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014-2017Google's market share monthly in the United Kingdom (UK) 2014-2017
- Market shares of search engines in Belgium 2012-2016Market shares of search engines in Belgium 2012-2016
- Market share of online search engines in Germany H1 2013-H2 2014Market share of online search engines in Germany H1 2013-H2 2014
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017
- Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019
- Digital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by companyDigital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by company
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl