Pinterest Drives More Traffic to Publishers Than Twitter
When it comes to referral traffic from social networks, it is no surprise that Facebook is the undisputed no. 1. According to Shareaholics, 10% of the traffic on websites from 200,000 publishers comes from the world's largest social network.
Behind Facebook though, there are a couple of surprises.
Firstly, it may be considered a surprise that Pinterest beats Twitter for the no.2 spot, given the key role that Twitter allegedly plays in the spreading of online news. What's really astonishing though is the apparent irrelevance of Google+ as a traffic source for online publishers. According to Shareaholics, Google+ is the source of no more than 0.04 percent of publishers' website traffic.
- U.S. Facebook and Twitter user development 2014-2020U.S. Facebook and Twitter user development 2014-2020
- Drop outs from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in the Netherlands 2016Drop outs from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in the Netherlands 2016
- MTV's Twitter and Facebook audience 2011-2015MTV's Twitter and Facebook audience 2011-2015
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl