Netflix Is About To Get Big In Japan
After arriving on the shores of Australia and New Zealand, Netflix is continuing down its path of expansion. From autumn 2015, the streaming service will also be available in Italy, Spain and Portugal. More importantly, however, Netflix is about to make a big jump to Asia. From the early September, it will also be available in Japan, a move announced by the company on Tuesday in tandem with news agency AFP. Currently, nearly 66 million people worldwide stream movies and series via Netflix. By 2016, the company is aiming to have a global presence in 200 markets.
- Video streaming device usage of U.S. Netflix users 2011-2014Video streaming device usage of U.S. Netflix users 2011-2014
- Share of paid subscriptions for video streaming services in Finland 2016, by ageShare of paid subscriptions for video streaming services in Finland 2016, by age
- Leading video streaming online services ranked by reach in the UK 2016Leading video streaming online services ranked by reach in the UK 2016
- China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of December 19, 2016China: leading online video platforms by unique visits as of December 19, 2016
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2016Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2016
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- Home video market revenue in Sweden 2011-2020Home video market revenue in Sweden 2011-2020
- Leading kids brands in the U.S. 2016Leading kids brands in the U.S. 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl