Netflix's subscriber growth
Netflix on the Brink of a Major Milestone
Despite falling short of its own guidance for Q1 2017, Netflix is on the verge of passing a major milestone in terms of its subscriber base. The world’s leading video streaming service will soon pass 100 million subscribers. Having added 5 million customers in the first three months of 2017, Netflix expects to sign up its 100 millionth member as early as next weekend.
As our chart illustrates, Netflix has come a long way since starting to offer video streaming to its DVD subscribers in 2007. Now available in more than a 100 countries, Netflix’s subscriber base has grown increasingly international over the years. The number of international subscribers will likely surpass domestic subscribers sometime this year.
- Reach of Spotify and Netflix in the Netherlands 2014-2016Reach of Spotify and Netflix in the Netherlands 2014-2016
- Number of Netflix streaming subscribers worldwide 2011-2016Number of Netflix streaming subscribers worldwide 2011-2016
- Netflix's annual revenue 2002-2016Netflix's annual revenue 2002-2016
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017
- Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017Brands: leaders in consumer engagement and expectations in the U.S. 2017
- Leading online social platforms based on reach in the Netherlands 2016Leading online social platforms based on reach in the Netherlands 2016
- Leading kids brands in the U.S. 2016Leading kids brands in the U.S. 2016
- Media usage in an online minute 2016Media usage in an online minute 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl