Social Networks Take Up The Most Online Time in the U.S.
When it comes to online activities in the United States, people spend the most time social networking. The average American interacts with websites like Facebook and Twitter for 37 minutes each day.
Email is the second most popular activity for U.S. Internet users, coming in at a daily average of 29 minutes while search and online video jointly round off the top three. They account for an average of 23 minutes of surfing time each day.
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017
- Reach of the leading social networks in Germany H1 2015Reach of the leading social networks in Germany H1 2015
- Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016
- Internet usage time in the United States 2010-2016Internet usage time in the United States 2010-2016
- Daily media usage in Sweden 2016, by mediumDaily media usage in Sweden 2016, by medium
- Average time spent per day with media in Sweden 2016Average time spent per day with media in Sweden 2016
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl