Millennials Rack Up 18 Hours of Media Use Per Day
Millennials are racking up an enormous amount of time interacting with technology. Internet browsing and social media take up the most time – over six and a half hours. Altogether, U.S. millennials spend an impressive 18 hours using various forms of media every day.
- Year-to-year percentage of change in holiday retail sales in the U.S. 2000-2016Year-to-year percentage of change in holiday retail sales in the U.S. 2000-2016
- Daily media use per person in the U.S. 2016Daily media use per person in the U.S. 2016
- Global number of internet users 2005-2016Global number of internet users 2005-2016
- Number of global social network users 2010-2020Number of global social network users 2010-2020
- Weekly time spent with media per user in the U.S. 2016, by ageWeekly time spent with media per user in the U.S. 2016, by age
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl