The Biggest Trends in Digital Media in 2015
As the year draws to a close, it’s time to recap on what has been a busy year in the digital media landscape. Parsely, a company that specializes on audience analytics, conducted a year-end poll among hundreds of digital publishers worldwide to identify the most notable trends of the past 12 months.
According to the survey results, summed up in our chart, the fact that mobile traffic now exceeds desktop traffic for many publishers has been the most noteworthy development in 2015. The pace at which mobile content caught up with and finally surpassed desktop content is truly astonishing. Less than 10 years ago, the smartphone was a niche gadget and now it is arguably the most important device for content consumption.
Other notable trends and topics in 2015 include the increase in social content distribution, ad-blocking and a more strategic use of analytics.
- Daily usage of digital and online media in Sweden 2016, by mediumDaily usage of digital and online media in Sweden 2016, by medium
- Time spent with digital media in the U.S. 2011-2018Time spent with digital media in the U.S. 2011-2018
- Monthly minutes spent digital media channels in the U.S. 2016Monthly minutes spent digital media channels in the U.S. 2016
- Average daily time spent using selected media in Norway 2016Average daily time spent using selected media in Norway 2016
- Daily media usage in Sweden 2016, by mediumDaily media usage in Sweden 2016, by medium
- Advertising spending in Sweden 2015-2017Advertising spending in Sweden 2015-2017
- Advertising spending in Denmark 2007-2017Advertising spending in Denmark 2007-2017
- U.S. newspaper publishing revenue 2010-2015, by media type U.S. newspaper publishing revenue 2010-2015, by media type
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl