Windows 7 Is Still The Desktop OS King
Windows Vista has finally been killed by Microsoft. Users can of course continue to use the OS but as of April this year, all support and updates will be cut. Not many people are likely to notice, though. As data from Net Market Share shows, the 10 year-old has a current market share of 0.78 percent.
It's not all about age though. The older but more loved XP still enjoys market share of over 8 percent, despite also having had no support since 2013. Riding high at the top though, is Vista's successor Windows 7. With an almost majority hold on the market, the 2009 operating system claims the top spot, still ahead of the aggressively pushed Windows 10 for the time being.
- Global tablet shipments by operating system per quarter 2010-2015Global tablet shipments by operating system per quarter 2010-2015
- Global smartphone shipments by operating system 2010-2015Global smartphone shipments by operating system 2010-2015
- Global smartphone sales by operating system 2009-2016, by quarterGlobal smartphone sales by operating system 2009-2016, by quarter
- China: production of cell phones by month February 2017China: production of cell phones by month February 2017
- Global smartphone sales to end users 2007-2016Global smartphone sales to end users 2007-2016
- Global smartphone sales by OS 2009-2016Global smartphone sales by OS 2009-2016
- Smartphone sales revenue worldwide 2013-2016Smartphone sales revenue worldwide 2013-2016
- Google: global annual revenue 2002-2016Google: global annual revenue 2002-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl