Tablet Competition Eats Away at Apple's Market Lead
This chart illustrates how Apple's lead in the tablet market is slowly melting away as the company's competitors are finally gaining a foothold in the market Apple used to dominate at will.
- People living in households that own a tablet (iPad, Galaxy Tab, Kindle Fire), 2016People living in households that own a tablet (iPad, Galaxy Tab, Kindle Fire), 2016
- Share of tablets by device (Apple iPad/Samsung Galaxy Tab) in North America 2015-2016Share of tablets by device (Apple iPad/Samsung Galaxy Tab) in North America 2015-2016
- Share of tablets by device (Apple iPad/Samsung Galaxy Tab) in Europe 2015-2016Share of tablets by device (Apple iPad/Samsung Galaxy Tab) in Europe 2015-2016
- IT spending forecast worldwide 2015-2020IT spending forecast worldwide 2015-2020
- Apple's revenue worldwide 2004-2016Apple's revenue worldwide 2004-2016
- Global IT spending forecast 2012-2020, by segmentGlobal IT spending forecast 2012-2020, by segment
- Mobile ad spend worldwide 2015-2020Mobile ad spend worldwide 2015-2020
- Toy companies revenue worldwide 2015Toy companies revenue worldwide 2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl