How Mobile Are Social Networks?
As mobile devices play an increasingly large role in our everyday media consumption, social networking was among the first activities to become mobile-first: However, some social networks are more mobile than others as our chart shows.While Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter are used almost exclusively on mobile devices, Facebook usage is more evenly distributed across devices. The future of social networking is clearly mobile though, with Tumblr and LinkedIn the only notable exceptions to the rule.
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017
- Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016
- Social networks by number of visits in Germany 2016Social networks by number of visits in Germany 2016
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month March 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month March 2016
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2017Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2017
- Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2017Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2017
- China: production of cell phones by month March 2017China: production of cell phones by month March 2017
- Telecom services: global spending forecast 2008-2021Telecom services: global spending forecast 2008-2021
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl