Mobile Is Even More Important to Twitter Than It Is to Facebook
Over the past few years, Internet usage has gradually moved from computers to smartphones and tablets. Social media usage in particular has become an on-the-go activity. According to recent Nielsen data, American Facebook and Twitter users already spend more time using the services on their smartphones than they do on computers. It took Facebook some time to realize that its future is mobile but when it did, the company build a great mobile ad business in no time. The Nielsen data suggests that to Twitter, mobile is even more important than it is to Facebook. 85% of Americans' Twitter usage happens on smartphones, indicating that Twitter is becoming a mobile-only company and needs to build its business accordingly.
- Active mobile social media penetration in Asian countries 2014Active mobile social media penetration in Asian countries 2014
- Active mobile social media penetration in Arab countries 2014Active mobile social media penetration in Arab countries 2014
- Active mobile social media penetration in the Americas 2014Active mobile social media penetration in the Americas 2014
- Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies September 19 to September 26, 2016Estimated weekly TV ad spend of U.S. companies September 19 to September 26, 2016
- China: production of cell phones by month August 2016China: production of cell phones by month August 2016
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016Most popular Apple App Store categories 2016
- U.S. mobile retail commerce revenue 2013-2020U.S. mobile retail commerce revenue 2013-2020
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl