How Marketers Use Social Media
Facebook remains the most commonly used social media platform among marketers. 97% of B2C marketers surveyed by the Social Media Examiner stated that they use the world's largest social network professionally. Among B2B marketers, Facebook's reach is a little smaller, but at an adoption rate of 89% it is still the most important social platform.
Interestingly, the use of social networks aside from Facebook differs strongly depending on whether the respondents' focus is on B2C or B2B marketing. While Twitter and LinkedIn are important to both groups, visual networks such as Pinterest or Instagram see higher usage among B2C marketers.
- Social media marketing penetration in the U.S. 2013-2017Social media marketing penetration in the U.S. 2013-2017
- KPIs for social media marketing worldwide 2014KPIs for social media marketing worldwide 2014
- Amount of time spent on social media marketing per week 2016Amount of time spent on social media marketing per week 2016
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- Reasons for using social media by online retailers in Germany 2015Reasons for using social media by online retailers in Germany 2015
- Most effective marketing channels/strategies worldwide 2014Most effective marketing channels/strategies worldwide 2014
- Advertising response in North America in Q1 2013, by mediumAdvertising response in North America in Q1 2013, by medium
- Digital Market Outlook: social media advertising revenue change in the U.S. 2016-2021Digital Market Outlook: social media advertising revenue change in the U.S. 2016-2021
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Jan Ahrens