Not Every Social Network Doubles as a News Source
For many people, scrolling through their Twitter feed is the most convenient and easily customizable way to get the news they are looking for. Follow the right people and you won't miss many stories that matter to you. The same is increasingly true for Facebook, which has cleverly extended the functionality of its news stream over the years.
While Facebook and Twitter with their news streams are perfectly suited for news discovery, other services, think Myspace or Pinterest, aren't. A recent study published by the Pew Research Center shows that news consumption varies widely across different social networking sites.
- Popularity of online news sources in the U.S. 2016Popularity of online news sources in the U.S. 2016
- Leading types of online news sources by reach in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013-2014Leading types of online news sources by reach in the United Kingdom (UK) 2013-2014
- UK online news providers' social media interactions 2014, by social media brandUK online news providers' social media interactions 2014, by social media brand
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017
- The 25 most valuable brands worldwide 2017The 25 most valuable brands worldwide 2017
- Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2017Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2017
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl