The Digital Ad Market Still Has Room to Grow
Over the past decade, digital advertising has grown to become a huge business. Companies such as Google and Facebook rake in $10+ billion a year selling ad space on their various platforms and, just as the market as a whole, they show no signs of slowing down.
According to data from Statista’s Digital Market Outlook, search advertising is the largest piece of the digital advertising pie with global revenues amounting to $91 billion this year. Banner advertising ranks second with $43.5 billion in estimated revenue.
Statista’s analysts expect the digital ad market to grow at an average rate of 10.9 percent over the next five years, with social media and video advertising outpacing the overall market’s growth. For more insights and digital advertising trends, download our free market report “Digital Advertising: Banner”.
- Digital advertising expenditure in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2015, by mediumDigital advertising expenditure in the United Kingdom (UK) 2010-2015, by medium
- Digital Market Outlook: digital advertising revenue in selected countries 2016Digital Market Outlook: digital advertising revenue in selected countries 2016
- Digital advertising spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2007-2012, by formatDigital advertising spending in the United Kingdom (UK) 2007-2012, by format
- Internet advertising revenue in Sweden quarterly from 2015-2017Internet advertising revenue in Sweden quarterly from 2015-2017
- Digital advertising spending worldwide 2015-2020Digital advertising spending worldwide 2015-2020
- Global digital marketing spending 2015-2020Global digital marketing spending 2015-2020
- Global digital ad spend 2016-2020Global digital ad spend 2016-2020
- Growth of the global media and entertainment spending 2015-2020, by sectorGrowth of the global media and entertainment spending 2015-2020, by sector
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl