Snap vs. Facebook
Facebook Is Coming After Snapchat From All Sides
When Snapchat’s parent company Snap warned potential investors about its business facing “significant competition” one name immediately sprang to mind: Facebook. The world’s largest social networking company poses a huge risk to Snap’s future success as it competes with the latter’s breakthrough app on several fronts.
Not only is Facebook unchallenged in terms of its nearly universal reach, the company also seems adamant to let itself be “inspired” by its arising competitor Snapchat. Starting with the introduction of Instagram Stories in August 2016, Facebook introduced many new functions to its apps recently that are eerily reminiscent of Snapchat’s most beloved features.
With Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger and Facebook’s namesake platform, Mark Zuckerberg’s company is attacking Snapchat from all sides. Considering the size of Facebook’s user base and financial power, it’ll be interesting to see how Snap manages to fend off its personal Goliath.
- Teenagers using social media in the Netherlands 2016, by social networkTeenagers using social media in the Netherlands 2016, by social network
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016Facebook: number of daily active users worldwide 2011-2016
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017
- Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019Ad-selling companies worldwide: digital advertising market share 2016-2019
- Digital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by companyDigital display ad revenue in the U.S. 2016-2019, by company
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2017
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl