Reddit: content removed 2020, by violation

Number of pieces of content removed on Reddit in 2020, by type violation

You need to log in to download this statistic
Register for free
Already a member?
Log in
Show detailed source information?
Register for free
Already a member?
Log in

Release date

February 2021



Survey time period


Special properties

including content that was reinstated after successful appeal; (excluding spam and other types of Content Manipulation removals

Supplementary notes

This section distinguishes between Content Policy removals and Content Manipulation removals. “Content Manipulation” describes things like spam, community interference (i.e., “brigading”), vote manipulation (attempts to interfere with Reddit’s upvote/downvote tallies), and other attempts to artificially promote content. In 2020, 99.2% of admin policy removals were for Content Manipulation, while the remaining 0.8% were for violations of our Content Policy.

Violent content (26,986) includes 557 pieces of US-designated foreign terrorist organization content.

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $468 / Year
Basic Account
Get to know the platform

You only have access to basic statistics.

Single Account
The ideal entry-level account for individual users
  • Instant access to 1m statistics
  • Download in XLS, PDF & PNG format
  • Detailed references
$59 $39 / Month *
in the first 12 months
Corporate Account
Full access

Corporate solution including all features.

* Prices do not include sales tax.

Statistics on "Reddit"

Statista Accounts: Access All Statistics. Starting from $468 / Year
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.