Twitter Versus Facebook
Facebook and Twitter are the world's most popular social networks but how do they measure up? Since it was founded 10 years ago, Facebook has gone from strength to strength and it now boasts an incredible 1.3 billion monthly active users. Revenue is close to reaching $3 billion. Twitter can't really compare with Facebook's astonishing growth but nevertheless, it has also proven wildly successful. Revenue stands at $312 million while the user base is 271 million.
Katy Perry, Justin Bieber and Barack Obama have the top three most popular Twitter accounts. Facbook's top three consist of Shakira, Cristiano Ronaldo and Eminem. Twitter is primarily mobile - 86 percent of people use the platform through their mobile devices compared to 68 percent for Facebook. In 2014, there are approximately 350,000 tweets and 382,000 Facebook likes per minute.
- U.S. Facebook and Twitter user development 2014-2020U.S. Facebook and Twitter user development 2014-2020
- Drop outs from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in the Netherlands 2016Drop outs from Facebook, Twitter and YouTube in the Netherlands 2016
- Sorority ranking U.S. 2012, showing facebook fans and twitter followersSorority ranking U.S. 2012, showing facebook fans and twitter followers
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- Leading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewersLeading U.S. video properties 2016, by unique viewers
- Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2016Top 15 most frequently used websites in Sweden 2016
- Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016Share of U.S. internet users who use selected social networks 2012-2016
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl