Twitter's User Growth Is Tapering Off Alarmingly Quickly
Twitter's user growth is tapering off alarmingly quickly. With an active user base of now 255 million monthly active users, the apparent deceleration of Twitter’s growth suggests that the service will have a very hard time coming close to Facebook’s user base, let alone matching it. When Facebook's growth rate first dropped to the level where Twitter's currently is (25%), Facebook already had 800 million users. When Mark Zuckerberg was asked why his company had acquired WhatsApp for $19 billion, he replied that services whith the potential to reach a billion users are hard to come by. It seems like Twitter isn't one of them.
- Top social media sites in the Nordics 2016Top social media sites in the Nordics 2016
- Share of Twitter users in Finland 2015, by age group and genderShare of Twitter users in Finland 2015, by age group and gender
- Twitter users in Sweden 2016, by age groupTwitter users in Sweden 2016, by age group
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016Most popular Facebook fan pages 2016
- Daily media use per person in the U.S. 2016Daily media use per person in the U.S. 2016
- Media reach in the U.S. 2016Media reach in the U.S. 2016
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016Most popular product brands on Facebook 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl