Advertising remained the main revenue-generating segment for Google in 2021. During the examined year, 81.3 percent of Google’s revenue came from advertising on Google properties and YouTube. The Google Cloud revenue segment generated 7.5 percent of the company's revenues, up from 4.3 percent in 2018.
Distribution of Google segment revenues from 2017 to 2021
Google advertising revenues are generated on our Google properties (including Google Search & other properties and YouTube) and Google Network Members’ properties. Google advertising revenues consist primarily of the following:
• Google Search & other consists of revenues generated on Google search properties (including revenues from traffic generated by search distribution partners who use Google.com as their default search in browsers, toolbars, etc.) and other Google owned and operated properties like Gmail, Google Maps, and Google Play;
• YouTube ads consists of revenues generated primarily on YouTube properties; and
• Google Network Members' properties consist of revenues generated primarily on Google Network Members' properties participating in AdMob, AdSense, and Google Ad Manager.
Google Cloud revenues consist primarily of revenues from Cloud offerings, including
• Google Cloud Platform (GCP), which includes infrastructure, data and analytics, and other services
• G Suite productivity tools; and
• other enterprise cloud services.
Google other revenues consist primarily of revenues from:
• Google Play, which includes revenues from sales of apps and in-app purchases (which we recognize net of payout to developers) and digital content sold in the Google Play store;
• hardware, including Google Nest home products, Pixelbooks, Pixel phones and other devices;
• YouTube non-advertising, including YouTube Premium and YouTube TV subscriptions and other services; and
• other products and services.
Figures may not total 100 percent due to rounding.
Calculations of segment revenue distribution in 2020 based on Statista's own calculations of company data.
Profit from the additional features of your individual account
Currently, you are using a shared account. To use individual functions (e.g., mark statistics as favourites, set
statistic alerts) please log in with your personal account.
If you are an admin, please authenticate by logging in again.
Access All Statistics. Starting from $468 USD / Year
Learn more about how Statista can support your business.
Alphabet. (February 2, 2022). Distribution of Google segment revenues from 2017 to 2021 [Graph]. In Statista. Retrieved February 02, 2023, from https://www.statista.com/statistics/1093781/distribution-of-googles-revenues-by-segment/
Alphabet. "Distribution of Google segment revenues from 2017 to 2021." Chart. February 2, 2022. Statista. Accessed February 02, 2023. https://www.statista.com/statistics/1093781/distribution-of-googles-revenues-by-segment/
Alphabet. (2022). Distribution of Google segment revenues from 2017 to 2021. Statista. Statista Inc.. Accessed: February 02, 2023. https://www.statista.com/statistics/1093781/distribution-of-googles-revenues-by-segment/
Alphabet. "Distribution of Google Segment Revenues from 2017 to 2021." Statista, Statista Inc., 2 Feb 2022, https://www.statista.com/statistics/1093781/distribution-of-googles-revenues-by-segment/
Alphabet, Distribution of Google segment revenues from 2017 to 2021 Statista, https://www.statista.com/statistics/1093781/distribution-of-googles-revenues-by-segment/ (last visited February 02, 2023)
Distribution of Google segment revenues from 2017 to 2021 [Graph], Alphabet, February 2, 2022. [Online]. Available: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1093781/distribution-of-googles-revenues-by-segment/