This chart shows estimated consumer book sales in the United States from 2008 through 2017.
This chart shows changes in newspaper circulation and advertising revenue between 2008 and 2012.
This chart shows the global penetration of the world's ten largest social media sites.
This chart illustrates the distribution of Tweets among Twitter users. The chart is based on 1,535,929,521 Tweets from 71,273,997 unique users between October 23 and November 30, 2012.
This chart illustrates the growing importance of Twitter for the news media.
This chart shows eBook sales as a percentage of trade publishers' net revenue in the United States.
This chart nicely illustrates the rise of social networking across all age groups in the United States.
This chart illustrates the adoption of social media channels by U.S. ad agencies. 82.4 percent of the responding agencies were using Facebook for client campaigns in Q3 2012, making it the must-have social media platform for marketers.
This chart shows a forecast of digital media usage in the United States in 2013.
This chart shows Google's advertising revenue since 2004 compared to print ad revenues of U.S. newspapers and magazines.
This chart shows the degree to which the pre-election coverage/discussion of Barack Obama and Mitt Romney in traditional and social media has been positive or negative.
This chart provides a nice overview of the international availability of digital content offerings of Apple, Google, Amazon and Microsoft.
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl