Language services industry in the U.S. - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts on the language services industry in the U.S.
The global language services industry was worth approximately 40.3 billion U.S. dollars in 2016. Over the next four years it was forecasted to experience a growth of five billion U.S. dollars, reaching 45 billion in 2020. Over half of the language services market was accounted for by Europe. North America was the second largest market at 34.82 percent, with a market size of just under 17.4 billion U.S. dollars expected for 2019.
The U.S. company Lionbridge Technologies is one of the leading language services provider in the world. Lionbridge, which offers services including translation, global content management and online marketing, generated revenue of almost 560 million U.S. dollars in 2015 – an increase of more than 155 million since 2010. The company employed approximately 5,300 service delivery professionals at the end of 2015.
In the United States, there were just short of 50 thousand people working in interpreting and translation services in 2015, this figure was forecasted to increase to almost 93 million by 2022. The state of California had the largest number of people working in this area followed by Texas and New York. The most lucrative state to work in this field was the District of Columbia, which paid its interpreters and translators an annual mean wage of 83,280 U.S. dollars, around 14,000 dollars more than the second highest paying state Virginia.
Picture: freeimages.com / dogmadic
- Market size of the global language services industry 2009-2020+Market size of the global language services industry 2009-2020
Market size of the global language services industry from 2009 to 2020 (in billion U.S. dollars)
- Number of interpretors and translators in the U.S. 2012-2022+Number of interpretors and translators in the U.S. 2012-2022
Number of employees in interpreting and translating services in the United States from 2012 to 2022 (in thousands)
- Revenue of Lionbridge Technologies from 2009 to 2015+Revenue of Lionbridge Technologies from 2009 to 2015
Revenue of Lionbridge Technologies from 2009 to 2015 (in million U.S. dollars)
- Revenue of SDL worldwide 2009-2015+Revenue of SDL worldwide 2009-2015
Revenue of SDL worldwide from 2009 to 2015 (in million GBP)
- Revenue distribution of SDL worldwide 2015, by segment+Revenue distribution of SDL worldwide 2015, by segment
Revenue distribution of SDL worldwide in 2015, by segment (in million GBP)
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017
- Total population of India 2020Total population of India 2020
- Population of the U.S. by race 2000-2015Population of the U.S. by race 2000-2015
- Revenue of global English learning destinations 2015, by countryRevenue of global English learning destinations 2015, by country
- Revenue of English language learning market worldwide 2013-2015Revenue of English language learning market worldwide 2013-2015