Most popular TV shows of 2016
America's Favorite TV Programs
While the trials and tribulations of a group of young physicists may not sound like the ideal premise for a sitcom created for mass appeal, CBS’ “The Big Bang Theory” is currently proving the opposite. The show following Sheldon Cooper and his nerdy friends is arguably the most successful comedy show on TV since “Friends” left the screen in 2004. In fact, according to recent Nielsen data, “The Big Bang Theory” was the most popular primetime TV program in the United States this year. With an average audience of 19.9 million viewers, the show which is currently in its tenth season even beat NBC’s Sunday Night Football which on average attracted 19.2 million viewers in 2016.
- Most watched TV networks in the U.S. 2016Most watched TV networks in the U.S. 2016
- Most popular television genres in Germany 2015-2016Most popular television genres in Germany 2015-2016
- Most popular television genres in Germany 2015, by genderMost popular television genres in Germany 2015, by gender
- Average daily TV viewing time in Denmark 2006-2016Average daily TV viewing time in Denmark 2006-2016
- Representation of women on public television in Belgium 2015-2016Representation of women on public television in Belgium 2015-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl