Smartphone Life Cycles Are Changing
If you've found yourself squeezing that little bit more life out of your smartphone in recent years, you're not alone. Kantar Worldpanel data shows that compared to 2013, users in the U.S. and Europe are now waiting an average of 2.2 and 3.3 months longer respectively, before upgrading to their next handset. In China, while there has been a net increase of 1.6 months over the same period, the trend isn't yet quite so apparent.
- Smartphone users worldwide 2014-2020Smartphone users worldwide 2014-2020
- Smartphone users in Germany 2014, by ageSmartphone users in Germany 2014, by age
- Number of smartphone users in the Benelux countries 2011-2015Number of smartphone users in the Benelux countries 2011-2015
- China: mobile phone subscriptions by month March 2016China: mobile phone subscriptions by month March 2016
- U.S. smartphone subscriber share by operating platform 2012-2017, by monthU.S. smartphone subscriber share by operating platform 2012-2017, by month
- Market share of Android and iOS in smartphone sales in Germany 2012-2017Market share of Android and iOS in smartphone sales in Germany 2012-2017
- IT devices total worldwide spending 2014-2021IT devices total worldwide spending 2014-2021
- News reach in the U.S. 2017, by sourceNews reach in the U.S. 2017, by source
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl