International Women’s Day
Many Still Think of Women as Less Capable
International Women’s Day is celebrated on March 8. In terms of gender equality, there still seems a long way to go. Antiquated attitudes and gender stereotypes that define women as being less capable than men in performing certain tasks, such as earning money and even teaching, are still prevalent in many countries.
- Approval among Arab youths of the Arab leaders' approach to freedom of women 2016 Approval among Arab youths of the Arab leaders' approach to freedom of women 2016
- Canadian women's view of their equal rights to men 2017Canadian women's view of their equal rights to men 2017
- Canadians who consider women inferior to men 2017Canadians who consider women inferior to men 2017
- Increased health risks through smoking in the U.S. 2014Increased health risks through smoking in the U.S. 2014
- U.S. unemployment rate: March 2017, seasonally adjustedU.S. unemployment rate: March 2017, seasonally adjusted
- Male grooming market size worldwide 2012-2023Male grooming market size worldwide 2012-2023
- Expenditure on surgical and nonsurgical cosmetic procedures in the U.S. 2016Expenditure on surgical and nonsurgical cosmetic procedures in the U.S. 2016
- Average costs for major surgical cosmetic procedures in the U.S. 2016Average costs for major surgical cosmetic procedures in the U.S. 2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl