Pinterest - Statistics & Facts
Statistics and facts about Pinterest
Social networking site Pinterest was the fastest site in history to reach 10 million unique monthly visitors and high user engagement metrics; a significant feat especially when considering that during much its initial launch and growth, the site was invitation-only. The social site’s strong user engagement with popular topics and themes such as fashion, home, garden and DIY and subsequently, relevant brands and influencers, forms the basis for its leading position in the area of social marketing and commerce. In September 2015, more than five years after launch, Pinterest reported the number of its monthly active users for the first time. As of October 2016, this figure amounts to 150 million monthly active Pinterest users worldwide. Pinterest also has a strong mobile presence, reaching 23 percent of U.S. mobile audiences in 2017.
The United States account for the majority of Pinterest visitors - approximately a third of desktop traffic to Pinterest in February 2017 originated from the United States. Whereas the social platform does not have the reach or impact of Facebook or Twitter, it is still decidedly present among U.S. online audiences with an awareness reach of 70 percent as of Febraury 2017. The most popular usage reasons for Pinterst users in the United States are viewing photos, directly followed by shopping for products, and sharing photos, videos or personal messages. According to a July 2016 survey, Pinterest ranks as the second social network to platform to which users in the United States are most likely to turn for holiday shopping ideas and inspirations. Overall, Pinterest is the most popular social commerce platform among social media users in the United States.
Data published in May 2016 reveals that 40 percent of global marketers used Pinterest for company marketing purposes, ranking behind Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. As of the first quarter of 2017, Harper's Bazaar was the most popular magazine brand on Pinterest, followed by Better Home and Gardens, and Ski.
- Number of hours affluent Americans spent on Pinterest per week in 2016+Number of hours affluent Americans spent on Pinterest per week in 2016
Number of hours members of affluent U.S. households spent on Pinterest in an average week in 2016
- Pinterest: distribution of U.S. users 2016, by age+Pinterest: distribution of U.S. users 2016, by age
Distribution of Pinterest users in the United States as of December 2016, by age group
- Share of U.S. internet users who use Pinterest in 2016, by gender+Share of U.S. internet users who use Pinterest in 2016, by gender
Percentage of U.S. internet users who use Pinterest in April 2016, by gender
- U.S. Pinterest usage reasons 2016U.S. Pinterest usage reasons 2016
Reasons for users in the United States to access Pinterest as of May 2016
- Most popular pinning sources on Pinterest 2016Most popular pinning sources on Pinterest 2016
Most popular publishers on Pinterest as of December 2016, based on number of pins (in 1,000s)
- Pinterest usage frequency in the United States 2016Pinterest usage frequency in the United States 2016
Frequency of Pinterest use in the United States as of April 2016
- Pinterest: number of monthly active users 2015-2016Pinterest: number of monthly active users 2015-2016
Number of monthly active Pinterest users from September 2015 to October 2016 (in millions)
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017Global social networks ranked by number of users 2017
- Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017Most popular product brands on Facebook 2017
- Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017Most popular Facebook fan pages 2017
- Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2017Number of monthly active WhatsApp users as of 2013-2017
- Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2016