The Rise of the Sharing Economy
With services like Uber, Airbnb and countless local bike and car sharing schemes taking off, sharing is quickly gaining acceptance as an alternative way of thinking about property. Whether the motives are monetary, ecological or even altruistic, sharing has certainly created a bit of hype recently.
Our chart, based on Nielsen data, shows how accepting people in different parts of the world are of sharing communities. Interestingly, consumers in emerging regions seem to be more open to sharing than those in Europe and North America. However, the overall acceptance of sharing schemes is pretty high.
- Number of vehicles of leading car sharing services in Germany 2016Number of vehicles of leading car sharing services in Germany 2016
- Registered car sharing users in Germany 2008-2016Registered car sharing users in Germany 2008-2016
- Survey on the interest in and use of car sharing in Germany 2012-2016Survey on the interest in and use of car sharing in Germany 2012-2016
- Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016Global social networks ranked by number of users 2016
- Economic impact of the U.S. toy industry 2015Economic impact of the U.S. toy industry 2015
- Online social network activities in the Netherlands 2012-2015Online social network activities in the Netherlands 2012-2015
- Sales of the leading 10 paper towel brands of the U.S. 2016Sales of the leading 10 paper towel brands of the U.S. 2016
- Number of households in the U.S. 1960-2015Number of households in the U.S. 1960-2015
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl