GoPro Is Growing at Breakneck Speed
When GoPro announced its attentions to go public in early 2014, the news was met with a certain degree of skepticism. After all, the maker of portable action sports cameras had only one (albeit very successful) product to its name and there was no shortage of competition. Moreover, the sceptics argued, the market offered little room for differentiation and the predominantly young target group would soon be drawn to cheap alternatives to GoPro’s products.
It has been 13 months since GoPro’s IPO now and so far the company has proven its doubters wrong. It is currently trading at around $60 per share (up 150 percent from its IPO price of $24) and reported another great quarter on Tuesday. GoPro posted a $35 million profit on revenue of $420 million. What’s more important though, is that the company managed to reignite its growth engine after a temporary dip in early 2014.
Apparently, many people underestimated the strength of GoPro’s brand, as the company continues to dominate the market it helped create. GoPro even managed the rare feat of becoming synonymous with the product it sells, making it hard for competitors to gain a foothold in the market. For GoPro, the next logical step is a camera-carrying drone, which the company plans to release in 2016.
- Ad spending of GoPro worldwide 2012-2016Ad spending of GoPro worldwide 2012-2016
- Revenue of GoPro worldwide by region 2012-2016Revenue of GoPro worldwide by region 2012-2016
- R&D spending of GoPro worldwide 2012-2016R&D spending of GoPro worldwide 2012-2016
- Wearable cameras global market size 2015-2021Wearable cameras global market size 2015-2021
- Revenue of GoPro worldwide 2012-2016Revenue of GoPro worldwide 2012-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl