GoPro Has Trouble Sustaining Its Growth
On Wednesday evening, GoPro, the maker of portable action cameras that went public in 2014, released a statement saying it was cutting about 7 percent of its workforce. While officially labeled as a reallocation of resources, it’s hard not to read something into it, when the company announces its first-ever quarterly sales decline at the same time.
Looking at GoPro’s revenue growth since 2010, it appears as if the company is having trouble sustaining its growth. While it’s normal for growth rates to come down after a period of massive growth, the drop off in GoPro’s rate of revenue growth is rather steep. The company’s stock has been under pressure since autumn, when the company had (twice) slashed the price of the ultra-compact HERO4 Session camera just months after its July launch.
- Wearable cameras global market size 2015-2021Wearable cameras global market size 2015-2021
- Ad spending of GoPro worldwide 2012-2015Ad spending of GoPro worldwide 2012-2015
- Brands of electronic items owned by affluent Americans 2016Brands of electronic items owned by affluent Americans 2016
- Wearable cameras global unit shipments 2015-2021Wearable cameras global unit shipments 2015-2021
- Penetration of wearable device ownership in the U.S. 2016, by type of devicePenetration of wearable device ownership in the U.S. 2016, by type of device
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl