The Costliest Natural Disasters of 2016
The number of devastating earthquakes and powerful storms made 2016 the costliest twelve months for natural catastrophe losses in the last four years. The costliest disasters occurred in Asia: an earthquake in Japan, followed by flooding in China, according to reinsurer Munich RE.
- Natural disaster victims - type of catastrophe 2015Natural disaster victims - type of catastrophe 2015
- Most costly natural disasters to insurance industry worldwide 2015Most costly natural disasters to insurance industry worldwide 2015
- Revenue of natural disaster & emergency relief services in the U.S., 2009-2014Revenue of natural disaster & emergency relief services in the U.S., 2009-2014
- Assets of financial institutions worldwide 2002-2015, by institution typeAssets of financial institutions worldwide 2002-2015, by institution type
- U.S. disposable personal income - monthly percentage of change 2016/17U.S. disposable personal income - monthly percentage of change 2016/17
- Leading banks in the U.S. 2016, by number of employeesLeading banks in the U.S. 2016, by number of employees
- U.S. personal income 1990-2016U.S. personal income 1990-2016
- Most costly disasters to the insurance industry worldwide 1970-2016Most costly disasters to the insurance industry worldwide 1970-2016
- Who may use the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day", made available under the Creative Commons License CC BY-ND 3.0, may be used and displayed without charge by all commercial and non-commercial websites. Use is, however, only permitted with proper attribution to Statista. When publishing one of these graphics, please include a backlink to the respective infographic URL.
- Which topics are covered by the "Chart of the Day"?
- The Statista "Chart of the Day" currently focuses on two sectors: "Media and Technology", updated daily and featuring the latest statistics from the media, internet, telecommunications and consumer electronics industries; and "Economy and Society", which current data from the United States and around the world relating to economic and political issues as well as sports and entertainment.
- Can Statista create customized charts?
Absolutely! For information on tailor-made and sector-specific
Charts of the Day, please contact Robin Hüdepohl